Easy Get Started Guide
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
- Install the cart (skip this step if your web provider has a installation program or they install it for you)
- Edit shop.cfg to reflect the correct values for your web site or generate the shop.cfg file online here
- Set the $shopping_root variable in the shop.cfg file to the same value as you are going to put the shopping cart's HTML pages.
- Put the shop.cfg file in the same directory as the shop.pl file.
- Make sure you have a directory called lists in your $shopping_root directory and the permissions on it are set to 777 (UNIX) or is writable by the web server (Windows NT).
- Download the demo shopping cart pages. (if not already installed).
- Unzip the demo cart pages and put them in your $shopping_root directory.
- Call the cart program like this: http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-local/shop.pl/page=estore.htm. An alternate way to call the cart is http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-local/shop.pl?page=estore.htm (cgi-local is whatever your path to your cgi directory is and estore.htm is whatever your start HTML page is for the cart.)
- Make sure the cart functions correctly by putting an order through. The order should come in a email receipt to the cart's administrator email address. (This email address is specified in the shop.cfg file)
- Using the demo cart pages as a model, construct your shopping cart web pages or convert your web pages to work with the cart.
- In the process of doing the step above, modify the product database to have your products in it.
- Open your store for business!